Friday, March 27, 2009

A Dangerous Weapon or Beauty Enhancer? You decide.


Ever since I was fourteen and started wearing mascara, I've had to use an eyelash curler since I inherited my mom's straight lashes. Over the years as I've been curling them the thought has occured to me, "wouldn't it be awful if this gadget ripped out my lashes?" Well I've been safe for the last 36 years. A couple of months ago I was in a hurry getting ready for work. My hand slipped and the next thing I knew my eyelash curler was full of MY long eyelashes. I thought, "Well, I did it. I hope they grow back, so I don't look like a chemo patient for the rest of my life. I do have some false eyelashes from my "dress up make up" that I could try and put on. " After 15 minutes of trying to get the glue and the lashes in place, I said, "To heck with it". I'll just wear eyeliner and my glasses instead of my contacts for awhile! Just so you know, eyelashes do grow back but SLOWLY!

6 comments:

*liSa* said...

You know what would make this post even better mom? a picture!! haha
I'm glad you finally told the story though, it's nice to know that even when you get old funny things still happen to you!

Bob and Julie said...

Oh no!! I hate to admit it...but I am seriously LAUGHING out loud!! You just made my day. I am so sorry about your lashes though and that you have to look like a one-eyed chemo patient. That is a bummer....Oh no..I can't stop laughing. You are just too cute! Good luck...and thanks for sharing the "fun" times of your life :)

Cyndi said...

I am laughing too...only because when you told me this story you were laughing.

Classic. I think about you everytime I use one.

I am much more careful now.

Kelly Fam said...

I'm so glad you posted about that, because it is a really funny story. I too think of this EVERY TIME I use an eye lash curler now.

st vigorens said...

Just so you know lol I have a friend who does extensions. Hee Hee

Unknown said...

SAD! I didn't know an eyelash curler could do that. I'll be more aware now when I curl mine.